Search engine optimization strategies are constantly changing and evolving to keep up with improvements that Google and the other search engines make in their algorithms. For an everyday person, keeping up with these changes is difficult, if not impossible, making it important that you rely on an SEO company in Edinburgh to help you develop a strategy for success and modify it over time when changes occur.
But how do you find the right company to make sure you get the best return on your investment in SEO? Here are six important things to look for:
1. No big promises. The most important thing to keep in mind when talking to SEO companies is that there is no way to ever guarantee a first-place ranking on any search engine or that an exact number of visitors will visit your site. Unscrupulous companies will often make big promises that they can’t possibly live up to. Lofty, exact claims are a definite red flag that you should seek out another provider.
2. Signs of credibility. An SEO company that delivers real results for clients should be able to show evidence of their success by supplying you with references. Actually taking the time to contact these former clients and learning about their experiences can help you ensure that a firm is reputable. You can also conduct an online search and look for any positive or negative reviews of the company.
3. A complete, clear approach. A good SEO should be able to clearly describe what they plan to do to boost your site’s positions in the search rankings. The plan should be complete and include keyword optimization, backlink creation and even social media. Not only should the company be able to explain what they will do, but they should also be able to tell you how each aspect of their plan will help you.
4. Jargon-free conversation. You want to be able to communicate easily with your SEO. If you find yourself not understanding the details of the plan because the representative uses tons of jargon and lingo without taking time to explain the terms, look elsewhere. While the company may be reputable, if you can’t have a simple conversation with their representative, you won’t be able to effectively partner with them to ensure your success.Your time in important so why should you need to research seo before being able to reply to an email or question? Your SEO should be able to explain things in a normal manner, also without talking down to you!
5. The ability to track. Reputable SEO companies will provide you with some way of tracking the success of their work. They may give you access to a portal that you can use to check your site statistics in real time or provide you with monthly written reports. In addition, they should take the time to explain to you what the various figures and data on the reports really means, so that you can easily understand what you’re seeing.
6. Straightforward pricing. The last thing you want is to end up with a nasty surprise when you receive a bill from your Edinburgh SEO company. Look for a firm that has clear, straightforward pricing on their packages and that is willing to provide you with the details of what your package includes and costs in writing.